The TRHDP will consist of 4 components: (i) Hydropower Facility (HPF); (ii) Access Road; (iii) Transmission Line; (iv) Technical Assistance (TA). This factsheet will detail Component 4 - Technical Assistance.
Technical Assistance - US $7.0 million
The total cost for the Technical Assistance (TA)is estimated at USD $7.0 million. This component supports the operation of the Project Office under the MMERE to finance consultants to overseas the project and the deliverables of the components.
Component 4 will be implemented by MMERE, through the Project Office, who will recruit key Project Office staff including:
- environmental, social and gender focal point experts
- maintain the Dam Safety Advisory Panel members,
- recruit an independent Environmental and Social Monitoring Agent
- external auditors and specialised technical experts when required.
The following actions are required of the PO to deliver on the technical assistance support for project implementation:
- prepare and periodically update the Project Operations Manual in cooperation with the other implementing entities
- provide awareness building and training for various stakeholders
- monitor and support environmental and social safeguard arrangements and the Gender Action Plan (GAP)
- implement the Land Acquisition and Livelihood Restoration Plan (LALRP) for components 1 & 2
- maintain a Dam Safety Advisory Panel (DSAP) and independent environmental and social monitoring agent
- oversee and advise on disbursement requests under components 1 & 2
- conduct a cumulative impact assessment
- liaise with various government counterparts and other stakeholders
- support implementation agreements agreed under the land acquisition process
- support communities in utilising their share of project benefits for community development
- to report to the World Bank and other financiers on project performance and achievement of objectives.
Download the Technical Assistance factsheet here.