Component 3 - Transmission Line
The TRHDP will consist of 4 components: (i) Hydropower Facility (HPF); (ii) Access Road; (iii) Transmission Line; (iv) Technical Assistance (TA). This factsheet will detail Component 3 - Transmission Line.
Transmission Line - US $22.82 million
- Power is to be genrated from the Hydropower Facility, will be sent to Honiara Electricity system throught two parallel single ciircuit 66 kilovolt transmission lines of 23 km eact to the existing Lungga Diesel Power Station.
- The cost of this component includes the upgrading of the switchboard of Lungga Power Station to accomodate the Tina 66 KV transmission system from the current 33 KV system.
- Component 3 will be implemented by SIEA who will contract a supply and installation contractor.
- Financing for this component is currently being negotiated with the Australian Infrastructure fund for the Pacific (AIFFP).
- SIG's aquisition of the registered land for the Lot 1 Access Road allows Solomon Islands Electricity (SIEA) trading as Solomon Power to construct maintain sections of the transmission line with the rights to any additional land required to be further arranged by SIEA.
Figure A1-5, below, SIEA's preferred route is U2+S3+R1+Q (approximately 34.0 km) to White River and tee-off to Lungga Power Station through route T1 (2.7 km). The Project will finance only the line to Lungga Power Station (sections U2+S3+T1 = 21.6 km), while SIEA will later self-finance the line to White River (sections R1+Q).
Download the Transmission Line factsheet here.